Links & Downloads
In this chapter, you can find important links and downloads (in English only) on the topic of nanotechnologies and nanomaterials recommended by the institutes of the German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV). On the German nano-portal, an extended list is available.
Links and downloads recommended by the following institutions are available:
- IFA - Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- BG BAU- Institution for the construction trade
- BG ETEM - Institution for the energy, textile, electrical and media products sectors
- BGHM - Institution for woodworking and metalworking industries
- BG RCI - Institution for raw materials and the chemical industry
IFA - Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- State of discussion of the effects upon health
- Recommendations for measurement
- Protective measures and Assessment of the effectiveness of protective measures
- Glossary on particles
BG BAU - Institution for the construction trade
- Press information and download page for status report "Nanotechnology in Construction Chemicals", German Bauchemie eV (limited download)
- DaNa (database nanomaterials)
- Vorbau M, Hillemann L, Stintz M. (2009) Method for the characterization of the abrasion induced nanoparticles release into air from surface coatings. J Aerosol Sci; 40(3): 209–217
- Göhler D, Stintz M, Vorbau M, Hillemann L. (2010) Characterization of nanoparticle release from surface coatings by the simulation of a sanding process. Ann Occup Hyg; 54(6): 615-624.
- Koponen IK, Jensen KA, Schneider T. (2009) Sanding dust from nanoparticle-containing paints: physical characterisation. J Phys: Conf Ser; 151 (012048).
- Koponen IK, Jensen KA, Schneider T. (2010) Comparison of dust released from sanding conventional and nanoparticle-doped wall and wood coatings. J Expo Sci Env Epid; 1-10.
- Nanosilver Fries et al. 2009. NanoTrust Dossier 10
- Self-cleaning, dirt and water-repellent coatings on the basis of nanotechnology Greßler et al. 2010. NanoTrust Dossier 20
- Nano in the Construction Industry Greßler et al. 2012. NanoTrust Dossier 32
- Nanotechnology in the Construction Chemicals Industry, Deutsche Bauchemie 2009
- Nano-products in the European Construction Industry, European Federation of Building and Woodworkers (EFBWW) 2009
- Use of nanomaterials in coatings, German Environment Agency (UBA) 2014
BG ETEM - Institution for the energy, textile, electrical and media products sectors
- „Concepts of Safety Assessment of Engineered Nanomaterials (ENM)” Günter Oberdörster; Rochester
- “Regulation, Risk and Global Nanotechnology Workplace” Cassandra Engeman; University of California, Santa Barbara
- BekGs 527 - Announce-ment on Hazardous Substances 527
BGHM - Institution for woodworking and metalworking industries
Only available in German.
BG RCI - Institution for raw materials and the chemical industry
- DGUV (2014) Working Safely in Laboratories - BGI/GUV-I 850-0
- T. H. Brock (2014), Safe Handling of Nanomaterials in Laboratories in: U. Vogel, K. Savolainen, Q. Wu, M. van Tongeren, D. Brouwer, M. Berges, Handbook of Nanosafety, Elsevier, Amsterdam.
- Tiered Approach to an Exposure Measurement and Assessment of Nanoscale Aerosols Released from Engineered Nanomaterials in Workplace Operations IFA, BG RCI, IUTA, VCI, BAuA, TU Dresden 2011.